St. Augustine said it best: The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.







Monday, June 24, 2013

The Best Family Thanksgiving Ever Can Be Yours!

For years, I started off my Thanksgiving day watching the Macy’s  Thanksgiving Parade in New York on the TV,  since I am on the west coast.  It was the kick-off to the wonderful holiday season that we  so eagerly anticipate,  but I longed to see the parade in person.



One year, though, I was able to take my kids on a very, very special holiday trip.  We flew into New York on Wednesday and went to a musical that evening.  One of my sisters and her family lived in Brooklyn at the time,  and they had been invited to a parade party at the home of her husband’s employer, which was right along the parade route.  We had the famous balloon characters right at our eye level, and were able to run downstairs to the sidewalk when we wished to watch from ground level.  We then went to her home for a wonderful feast, and the next few days did things like seeing  the real Santa at Macy’s (although there were three or four there at the same time)  and the Christmas Spectacular show with the fabulous Rockettes  at Radio City Music Hall.  It was my Best Thanksgiving Ever.



The parade is long, and watching it from the street can be tiring, especially with children, and what about going to the bathroom?  We were lucky we had the apartment to run up to, and where we could grab a bite to eat also.

I highly, highly recommend this having a spot like this, especially if you have children or grandchildren to take.  My sister doesn’t live there anymore, so you can’t visit her J  but I can offer you the opportunity of seeing the parade with special access to a fantastic rest area steps from the parade route.  You can arrive as early as 8:00 am and partake of a buffet breakfast, and use it throughout the parade to come in for the rest room, a cup of cocoa,  or to just get off your feet for a few moments.


This  package includes three nights at a newly renovated hotel near Times Square in the theatre district, about three blocks from Radio City, access to the rest area, and a couple of other perks.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the cost of this great package. Obviously space is limited but there is still some left….and I can help you with other ideas and make suggestions for what to do  in and around New York to make this the Best Thanksgiving Ever!

If you have already seen this parade, I have any number of great quick getaways where you can kick off the holidays.  Contact me at 888-857-7379 or anne@specialtycruise.com.



2 comments:

  1. How cool! I remember watching that parade when I was a kid, too. Love NYC during the holiday season, spent a few T-day weekends there myself. Also with my sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS THERE! It was an amazing time. That should definitely be on everyone's bucket list. ESPECIALLY for children

    ReplyDelete